FRIENDS OF JOHN PAUL II FOUNDATION, Washington, DC
The Chapter was founded and accredited within the Washington Archdiocese on November 5, 1985. The Friends of John Paul II Foundation is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization and all donations are tax deductible. Walter Zachariasiewicz was the driving force that established the Friends of John Paul II Foundation in Washington, DC and other chapters in the United States. There are over 44 Chapters of the Friends of John Paul II Foundation in 16 countries and 4 continents.
Major Objectives, Purpose and Activities
- Promote the legacy, ideals and teachings of Blessed John Paul II through programs and events.
- Financially support the Foundation in Rome by sending donations, membership dues, bequests from wills and fundraising evevnts.
- Celebrate the birthdate of Karol Wojtyla (May 18) with a Special Event (Mass, Speaker and Reception).
- Celebrate the date he was elected Pope (October 16) with a formal event called "Wadowice-on-the-Potomac". (Wadowice is the birthplace of Karol Wojtyla)
- Educational Outreach Program in Catholic Schools to promote the legacy of Pope John Paul II by providing educational materials, lesson plans and a DVD - "Nine Days that Changed the World".
Please Note: A copy of our bylaws can be obtained by clicking here.
Please Note: All gifts including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, last wills and testaments are always welcome.